Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Visceral Response



Why I choose this image for a visceral response? Actually, I took this picture when I was opening the blind. I tried to open the blind with different angles and saw the different effects that were created by the sunlight on the blind. What I did maybe is a simple thing for people; however, people just ignored the beauty behind the simple, sometimes.

Basically, this image is created by lines. We can see the lines are created by the joints of the hightlight and dark edges of blind, which are higily contrast. I like it because the lines seem like radiate out from a point we can't see out of the picture. My eyes would like to follow the lines to go through the whole space, from the right side to the left. Also, the dark dashed from the shadow of the string is a different kind of vertical line. That gives the balance with other white vertical strings there.

The colors give the balance because the tone creates the transition from the light to the dark, and it will keep your eyes to move from the right to the left. Even though this imgae only has black and white, it doesn't bring an intensity feeling. The tone makes it gentler.

This image makes me feel inner peace, and that is why I choose it. The color gives me this feeling. Another, the dust on the blind creates the rough texture and bring the massy feeling. We can find beauty from our daily life with simple thing randomly. Not all of the beauty will bring a stupefying feeling to you, but they will bring a feeling for a visceral response.

No comments:

Post a Comment